Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Stocking Stuffer

Many of the blogs I follow are giving Christmas gift ideas. I'm enjoying reading about what other people would give for Christmas and some of them really seem like super ideas. So, in the spirit of the season, I'd like to make a suggestion, too.

Last Christmas, cousin Jan gave me the pair of Kuhn Rikon kitchen snips on the right, the red ones. I think they are the single most useful gift I have ever gotten, with the possible exception of my beloved iPad.

I have used them all year and LOVED them. They have a nifty little clip to close them neatly for storage, and yet they spring open to action with a gentle squeeze of the handles, as the clip is spring loaded. So great when your hands are full and you reach for them in a hurry! If they weren't inanimate tools, I'd swear they are eager to please.

They are quite sharp and the handle is comfortable. There are even holes in the handles should you choose to hang them on a hook rather than stash them in a drawer. I keep mine in a crock on top of the counter where they are easily to hand for a million small jobs.

I like them so much that I actually bought myself a second pair from amazon.com, the only place I could find them. So, now I have both red and green, so festive for the holiday season!


4 Comments:

Anonymous jann said...

Guess I'll knock those off your Christmas list. :)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013  
Blogger Diane said...

Great description! Thanks for another tip! and enjoy!

Wednesday, December 18, 2013  
Blogger Greg said...

I just got an Amazon gift card. Great idea, perfect timing.

Thursday, December 19, 2013  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Jann, you gave me the first pair and I'll always be grateful!

Diane, hope you are enjoying your warm Christmas in FL!

Greg, another good thing about them is there are no finger holes, so they work equally well for right or left handers and are easy to grab.

Thursday, December 19, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home