Monday, June 30, 2014

Best Cooking Tip Of The Week


I have a blogging friend, Pat, whom I only see rarely, but she's cool so I follow her on Facebook in between visits. We don't live that far apart, just over one bridge, but our lives are busy and we are each seasoned enough to know we can't "do it all." So, we enjoy this FB friendship to keep in touch.

This week, she posted the following article on Facebook and the idea was just brilliant, so I wanted to share it with my other blogging pals, especially Katie Z, since she has an extensive herb garden. Maybe you already knew this, but I'm tickled pink to learn this trick and will be using it with all my delicate herbs from now on.  With only two of eating fresh herbs, sometimes they go to waste. How much smarter to freeze them in oil or butter to preserve that wonderful, fresh garden flavor!

http://www.organicgardening.com/cook/herbs-all-year#.U69o84_ItUU.facebook

You're welcome.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Pat said...

Glad to know you found this as helpful as I did, and that you're passing it on to your readers! There's nothing like smelling basil in the middle of winter, and this is a lovely way to do it. Meanwhile let's enjoy as much as we can right now....it's high summer.

Monday, June 30, 2014  
Blogger Greg said...

You had me at butter! If you ever go to Trader Joes check out their garden section of herbs. We have had good luck keeping them in front of the kitchen window all year. Snip a little when you need it.

Tuesday, July 01, 2014  
Blogger Diane said...

thank you. what a great idea.

Wednesday, July 02, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Pat, I just loved the idea. Thanks for sharing it.

Greg, I have pots of herbs out on the deck but for some reason basil doesn't want to grow here - maybe too cold? Anyway, here's a cool way to keep the basil fresh.


Diane, glad it was a help. Hugs to you.

Thursday, July 03, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home