Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bubbles


Bubbles. I do love bubbles. I enjoyed playing bubbles with my Fairy Godchildren when they were young. I had bottles of bubbles instead of rice at our wedding. My Dad's pet name for my mother was "Bubbles," although I never knew why. I have, at one time or another, owned every single kind of bubble wand from a small silver bubble necklace, to my favorite plastic bear that raises a wand when you gently squeeze his belly, to a giant wand that made 4 foot long bubbles. 

Even this past weekend, when we were babysitting our grands while their parents had an overnight getaway to celebrate a significant birthday, we brought along a foot-long bubble wand that delighted not only our grands but all the kids in the neighborhood. What is it about popping bubbles that kids love so much? We did a good job of wearing them out running around after the bubbles - bedtime is smoother when kiddos have had a good romp.

Anyway, when we went to the tile store for the umpteenth time, looking for something to cover the bathroom floor, what should we notice but a floor called "Bubbles!" Small, different sized circles of marble set into a silvery grout. Gotta have it! 

Things are starting to take shape, not in the house as yet, but in my imagination. Yaaay!



2 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Oh, how cool to have that on the floor with all those wonderful memories. What grand grandparents you two are, entertaining the entire neighborhood! Kudos!

Wednesday, July 02, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Diane, I have to admit that we brought those bubbles in self preservation so the children would be ready for bed.

:-)

Friday, July 04, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home