Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Dinner Anticipation


As you know, we've been eating out a lot since the remodel began. Most meals have been fine and we have enjoyed sampling all kinds of places around our area and in our little town. It's fun to walk along the sidewalk reading menus until you find one that sounds appealing for that day, then fill the wait for your selection with anticipation. 

If you go before 6 or 6:30pm, you usually don't need a reservation, even in relatively fancy places. You're welcome.

One or two have been rather disappointing, as was the one where I snapped this picture of their subdued table setting. The ambiance was better than my dinner in this Tiburon restaurant, which has been in that spot forever. I won't name it, as you might find you liked it, and people's livelihood depends on it, so I never rat out my least favorites in this blog. Instead, I just talk about the ones I enjoyed. The anticipation of this meal was better than the reality, but that's okay. What's one sad meal in a lifetime of good ones?

But, I like the simplicity of the photo I took before dinner even arrived, so I'll share that with you instead of my possibly mistaken opinions. And I'll look forward to the next one.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I adhere to the same policy. Well done.

Thursday, September 04, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, thanks. It only seems fair.

Thursday, September 04, 2014  
Blogger Diane said...

Beautiful crop. And I like how discreet you were in describing your "sad" experience.

Thursday, September 04, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Diane, sometimes, less really is more, both in pictures and in words.

Thursday, September 04, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home