Sunday, September 14, 2014

Hello!


My Dad frequently quoted Bob Hope's line from an advertisement, "Now, you're cooking with gas!" It meant, "Now, you're on the right track," or "Now, we're making progress."  I thought of him when I fired up my brand new Viking stove for the first time because, literally, now I was cooking with gas!

When I turned on the oven to roast its first chicken, it went from cold to 400 degrees F in about five minutes flat - it uses the broiler, which is like a mini-inferno - to preheat. This in contrast to my old oven, which might or might not be ready to roast in about 30 minutes.

The burners on top melt butter right now, and boiling water for pasta is immediate rather than eventual.

The racks glide like skates on ice and the light inside really lights!  

Needless to say, I'm in love.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

fabulous! it's gorgeous to look at too!

Sunday, September 14, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Diane, thank you! We are thrilled with the slate gray color as well as the performance. I'm so lucky!

Sunday, September 14, 2014  
Blogger Toons said...

Congratulations! It looks like the 'Galley' is complete! Here's to GOOD EATS! Cheers!

Monday, September 15, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Toons, except for a dishwasher that arrived damaged, we are in business! Yay!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Is it a gas oven, too? It's beautiful.... You are going to be a very happy family.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home