Sunday, September 21, 2014

Unpacking

Sorry about that!

I've been ignoring this blog for what seems like weeks, although I guess it's really just a few days. We've been unpacking. And unpacking. And unpacking. The garage is 1/2 full of empty boxes, piled almost to the ceiling.

And curating. I have decided to de-clutter while I'm unpacking, and only to keep those things I used more or less frequently. So, we packed up eight of our unpacked boxes with things for the Goodwill, another three for the folks at the antique consignment store, and another for things we are moving along to friends.

In the middle of all the unpacking, the doorbell rang and a nice lady brought us flowers from my sister in North Carolina with a card saying "Congratulations!" She has been living vicariously with us through the remodel and was happy for us that it is over (more or less). The dishwasher still hasn't come so My Beloved is still doing dishes by hand, and one or two other small things are still on the punch list, but we are cooking in our new kitchen and loving it, so the niggledy things can wait.

The process of unpacking is something like a treasure hunt. We haven't seen these things in six months, so every piece we unwrap is a pleasant surprise. Even the things we aren't keeping are fun to see again and admire. I hope they will all find homes with people who will enjoy using them.

Posting may be a little scarce around here until all the boxes are unpacked and the paintings are hung and we are more settled, but I'll be back and I sincerely hope you will still be here.


6 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

Most definitely will be awaiting photos of the finale! Enjoy the sorting and purging...perfect time for that.

Sunday, September 21, 2014  
Blogger Greg said...

Getting rid of 'stuff' is the hardest. Stay with it.

Monday, September 22, 2014  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

It's exciting to watch your new rooms emerge with all their treasures. Kudos for getting rid of the clutter.

Monday, September 22, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Diane, I'm getting good at it! I added another box for the Goodwill and another for consignment! Yay!

Greg, practice makes perfect - it gets easier as I go along.

Nancy, my plan is to keep the treasures and off the not-so-special things. :-)

Tuesday, September 23, 2014  
Blogger Katie Zeller said...

So much fun to unpack and organize.... almost makes the previous six months worthwhile LOL

Tuesday, September 23, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Katie, you're correct. The stresses of the past six months are receding as I unpack and enjoy the beauty of my new kitchen and bath!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home