Friday, October 17, 2014

Brotherly Love


When we threw a surprise 70th birthday party for My Beloved, he got several surprises in addition to the party, and the best one was a visit from my Hawaii brother, Whiting. My Beloved enjoyed all his guests, but this one definitely came the farthest to honor the birthday boy.

And Whiting stayed for about a week after the party, which was super fun. We wanted to make his visit a pleasure so we took him around to local restaurants and enjoyed the beautiful stretch of weather we were having by treating him to a ferry ride from Larkspur to San Francisco where we had lunch and strolled through the ferry building picking up goodies for dinner, and then riding back while Whiting quizzed the crew about the engines and capabilities of the catamaran. Whiting loves all things boat, especially if he can somehow attach a fishing pole to it.

Now that he's back in Hawaii, we are playing a version of Scrabble online and enjoying the daily contact, but I have to admit I miss having him here in person. My family is pretty far flung, so we don't see each other often and family visits always make me wish we lived closer.

So, I look frequently at this photo of the boys on the boat on the way to San Francisco with the wind in their hair and the bright blue sky above.


1 Comments:

Blogger Diane said...

What lovely set of memories created with your week together....and online scrabble to keep the connection going just a little. Sharing photos on facebook is providing that bit of connection for my family in other states, as well.

Friday, October 17, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home