Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hallowe'en Aftermath

I never did get around to carving my Halloween pumpkins. Even though I'm retired and have all the time in the world, these are the kinds of little jobs that just escape my notice until I'm handing out candy to superheroes and princesses and thinking, "Day-um! Where does the time go?"

Then, I read on the interwebs about how one can cut the top out of a pumpkin and, leaving the seeds inside, fill the interior with dirt, and await a new pumpkin vine come spring. What a cool idea!  So, I placed my two pumpkins in my little scrap of garden before I got distracted and forgot to finish the job. 

Again. *sigh*

So, you can imagine my surprise when, this morning, I discovered that the local wild turkey flock had done the job for me!  They seem to like pumpkin flesh, as the seeds were still inside but the onerous task of cutting a hole had been accomplished rather nicely.

Now, all I have to do is remember to fill it with soil. What are the odds that that will happen before the pumpkin turns naturally to mush?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If it turns to mush before the turkeys eat the seedds it'll turn into a pumpkin patch.

Saturday, November 15, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Whiting, I'm hoping for that pumpkin patch.

Monday, November 17, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home