Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Jason's Hidden Away

My Beloved and I sort of got into the habit of eating out frequently while our kitchen and bath construction projects were under way, and that seems to be continuing, even though I do cook most nights in my splendid new kitchen. It's still fun to get out and try something new.

This time, My Beloved wanted to try a restaurant we thought was hidden away - it's on the far side of a commuter parking lot in Greenbrae, convenient to the freeway for bus riders and carpoolers. We expected a small, quiet, intimate place.

Nothing could be further from the reality - the joint was jumping last Friday night! The entire, huge parking lot was full and people were still coming. Inside, it was much larger than we expected with a humming bar area, covered outdoor seating with heat lamps, and a large dining area to boot. We asked for a quiet table away from the bar, and the staff showed us to a very nice spot.

The wait staff was prompt and attentive, but we didn't feel rushed at all. 

My Beloved and I split a lobster martini appetizer, big chunks of Maine lobster with avocado and Valencia orange sections, served in a silvery, stemmed martini glass, a nice showy touch. When we said we would share the appetizer and a Caesar salad, both came in separate dishes without our having to ask, a very nice touch.

My Beloved relished every bite of his Fisherman's Stew, a melange of seafood and shellfish in broth with house-made linguine.

I ordered spinach fettucine with shrimps and enjoyed very much the house-made pasta, the fresh ingredients in the sauce of tomatoes and mushrooms in garlic cream sauce studded with smoked bacon bits, and with a dusting of Parmesan grated fresh by the waiter. The shrimp were generous and large and the rich sauce complemented very well. It was such a big portion, too, that I took home lunch for the next day.

Another shared portion - my favorite dessert of affogato - was also cheerfully divided into separate dishes and served with a little biscotti, again in martini glasses.

Jason's was nothing like we expected - and that's a good thing!  I'm sure we will return and bring friends to this special spot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

You had me at lobster! Nice share sound delish.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, sayeth the man who is on _another_ wonderful cruise! Bet you could have lobster every day if you wanted! :-)

Saturday, November 15, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home