Monday, November 10, 2014

Steeped In Flavor

What to do with a plain old chicken breast?  

My Beloved and I had been eating a fair amount of red meat lately, what with one house guest or another and our own proclivities, so I wanted to get some good, healthy chicken and veg into us. But...

What to do with a plain old chicken breast?

Then, I remembered that I had saved a little of the herbed butter when I made those killer garlic bread bites - the recipe calls for a LOT of butter and I was glad to note that we didn't need to use it all to make the bites rich and flavorful. All I did was mix some fresh herbs (thyme, oregano) and pressed garlic that had been simmered in a little wine until the wine evaporated, into room temperature butter. It was easy and, a couple of days later when I cooked the chicken, the butter was even more redolent of the ingredients that flavored it.

So, I used part of the flavored butter in which to sauté the chicken breasts, then slicked the top of the finished meat with a tiny tad of the rest, just for shine and visual appeal.

Turns out, this makes a pretty nice chicken breast with minimal extra fat. Try it and let me know what you think.


4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Oh the price of beef lately! Chicken is also healthy for the wallet. That looks like a wonderful dinner.

Monday, November 10, 2014  
Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

So when do we get photos of the new kitchen etc? The stove? All those things which make me green with envy but glad for you.

Monday, November 10, 2014  
Blogger Chilebrown said...

I bet it even tastes better in your brand new kitchen

Tuesday, November 11, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Greg, yay for chicken!

Nancy, stand by for the big reveal! Coming soon to a blog near you.

Chilebrown, everything tastes better in the brand new kitchen! :-)

Wednesday, November 12, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home