Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry, Happy, Joyous Solstice

I've been doing this for quite a while now. This is my 1,921st post. I started the blog 'way back before I retired with the idea of keeping my writing skills alive in retirement, but it has turned out to be so much more than that.

It's a practical way to access my recipes from anywhere - isn't the internet amazing?

It's a fun way to keep up with friends who are spread around the world.

It has been a wonderful way to meet people I would never have otherwise encountered, both here at home and in countries far away. When I check my stats, I'm amazed to see that I have readers on all continents. I could wish they all commented more often, but it's enough to know they are out there, apparently enjoying what they read here.

It has connected me with people who share my love of cooking for others, and they are some of the most generous people I know, always willing to share a good recipe or a good story. And, it turns out that good stories are the real reason to read other people's blogs.

So, just wanted to let you know that YOU are my Christmas gift, year in and year out. Thanks for coming. Thanks for reading. Thanks for commenting. And thanks for enriching my life with your stories, too.


4 Comments:

Blogger Nancy Ewart said...

Well said! Seasons greetings back to you and long may your blog thrive

Wednesday, December 24, 2014  
Blogger Diane said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Solstice to you for being here, steadfast all these years! Love the blurred lights on your tree, so magical.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014  
Blogger Greg said...

Happy new year!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Nancy, thank you! Always a joy to know you are out there reading!

Diane, thank you my friend from photo class! Happy 2015 to you and E and Karma, too.

Greg, thanks. I see you are on yet another cruise - I would give my right arm for one right now! :-) Happy New Year!

Wednesday, December 31, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home