Saturday, March 28, 2015

Sprouts!

This may not seem as super exciting to you as it is to me, but I wanted to share that the heart seeds I received for my birthday from My Beloved's daughters and their families..... drum roll.... are sprouting!  

Ever since I covered them up and watered them gently, there has been no action in the pots. I checked them almost daily, practically willing them to come up, but to no avail. I was afraid they were duds, and was already practicing what I would say to soften the disappointment to My Beloved's family. 

Then, we had a downpour, a real gully washer that lasted only about half an hour but that filled our rain gauge with about half an inch of water - and, magically, the next day there were tiny green sprouts in all the pots!  I guess they were just waiting for the rain to get their tiny butts in gear.

I can't wait to see what kinds of flowers I get, once they are up and blooming; it's clear already that there is more than one sort. Stand by for a full report once they reveal their identities.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katie Zeller said...

Mystery flowers! I love it.... Can't wait to see what you get.

Saturday, April 04, 2015  
Blogger Greg said...

What a fun gift. I think everything is growing around here. My allergies too!

Thursday, April 09, 2015  
Blogger Zoomie said...

Katie, I will report back later in the spring.

Greg, sorry about your allergies, but not sorry to see the flowers. :-)

Sunday, April 12, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home